Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Tale of Two Cities

I am so sick of Texas.

I was born in Dallas, raised in Houston, and am now currently back in Dallas for school.

I am so sick of Texas.

But I love Texas, don't get me wrong. But, just as Tupac and Biggie Smalls battled it out over East and West, I too feel some struggle as to where I want to end up.

There's a war inside my mind.

Both west and east coast sound tremendously appealing. Obviously, I am referring to LA and New York here. I'm just sick of being stuck in the middle. Both cities have opportunity for Advertising. Both are capitals of not only commerce, but style, music, and culture. 

But...


Personally, I feel more drawn to LA. I like the fashion, I absolutely love the weather, and what can possibly beat having the beach just a little closer than the mountains? Throwing a football on the beach is only slightly more achievable than ripping down a blue-black on a snowboard. I've only visited LA twice, but both times were amazing. You feel like you're right in the center of it all. Celebrities, cars, women, business - it is all swirling around in a vortex of awesome everywhere you go. 



I've never been to New York, but I have a good feeling that it has a certain swirling vortex of its own. I've heard nothing but good things (except that people are kind of rude there), and I could see myself working for an agency there. I like the idea of a fast-paced life. I like the idea of working in the city, punishing deadlines, big campaigns, big people, and delivering something that knocks the city on its ass.

Then again....

I think I'd like to work for Wieden + Kennedy in Portland. 
So I guess it's...

North side, mothaf***as!








No comments:

Post a Comment