Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Brief Bucket List

I will keep this reasonable.

1. Sky Dive - one of my pledge-brothers did this and said it changed his life. I'm not afraid of heights, but I am afraid of flying. Maybe jumping out would conquer that fear!

2. Do a front flip off a high dive - Front flips are the best. This is a fact. Jumping off a high dive is easy, however doing a front flip off of one requires the pinnacle of dexterity and grace. Over shoot and you land on your stomach, and die. Under shoot and you land on your back, and die. Hit it just right, and everyone cheers and tells their children's children about you.

That guy has got it. I can feel it.

3. Drive really fast reverse, then throw it in drive as I swerve, then end up going forward again. Effectively a 180 degree turn, but at a much faster speed. I want some super-car to do those moves in. 

4. Catch a deadly snake, Crocodile Hunter (RIP) style. - Any snake, as long as it is venomous. Could be in the sweaty jungle of Asia... although I'd rather it be in a red-neck back yard.

5. Go Deep Sea fishing - Fishing is fun, deep sea fishing is more fun. I want to catch a huge marlin or some kind of shark. I want to feel the full strength of the fish, not just its weight. I want to have to work for my catch.

6. Be the Mini-gunner in a Huey Chopper - Maybe I've been playing Call of Duty too much, but I have to have this on my bucket list. I want to control the turret in the side of a Huey chopper and mow down trees somewhere in east Texas. Oh, and Fortunate Son by CCR is playing. Think Vietnam, but not pointless and against trees.

Some folks are born silver spoooooon in hand. Lord, don't they help themselves, nawwhhh!


7. Participate in a Riot - as long as I believed in the cause, I think the intensity and flood of human emotion would be unforgettable. The pinnacle of human-group mentality. What a rush of adrenaline.

8. Go to a Rave - Oonst oonst oonst oonst oonst taaaa oonst oonst oonst oonst oonst TAAAA! Almost speaks for itself. I have no interest in taking a bunch of crazy drugs, I just want to experience the music with hundreds of other people. Similar to #7, the adrenaline in the middle of the group would be amazing.

9. Go to a Horse Race, bet big, and win - I've never cared about horses, but I'll be the first to admit I was rooting for Zenyatta when it (he or she?) raced and ended up second. I'd love to go to some big venue horse race, place an outrageous bet, and come home in the money.

10. Drive a Nissan GTR - This is my baby. One day I will own one - that's when I know I'll have made it. It's still a long ways off, but I'm working on it. It's my dream car. And the best thing is: It's an achievable dream car.


Schwing!
More to come.

Many, many more to come.

1 comment:

  1. It’s nice to know that one of the things to do in your bucket list is to drive a Nissan GT-R. That’s pretty cool. I just want to share that I already test drove a GT-R, and it was really a great experience. The speed is exceptional, particularly when you’re drifting in curves. -Stelle Courney

    ReplyDelete