Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So The Beatles are finally on iTunes

About damn time.

Acquiring Music Rights! YEAH!


To be honest, I am surprised it has taken this long. iTunes, especially in the last three years, has exploded. What used to be a support program for Apple's iPod has now become a full fledged cash flow for Apple. Buy songs, movies, TV shows, etc. Hell, you can even rent them. That's what is killing stores like Block Buster and Hollywood Video. Netflix no doubt hurts the rental stores, but the complete integration of Media Player (MP3 player no longer fits, these things can now download movie wirelessly from a 3g network...) and iTunes destroys them.

Apple continues to release some pretty impressive products. My girlfriend just got set up with Apple TV, and I was blown away. My sister just got the iPhone 4 and I was impressed.

Let me be honest, I am not an apple fan. I think I made that clear in my last series of blogs. I find their stuff to be overpriced, underpowered, high in style, but low in value. But Apple TV was impressive. I rented and downloaded several episodes of family guy in about ten seconds. All from my girlfriend's TV.

I guess... and I hate saying this out loud... I'm warming up to apple.

AGHHGHGHGHGAHHGHGHHGHGHGgHhg....

Hell, I'm typing this on a sweet MacBook Pro. I manage all my music with iTunes. I'm debating getting Apple TV. Lately, my PC has just been an absolute pain. I have a solid sound system rigged to it with a monstrous sound card. But a few days ago, SOME cord, SOMEwhere has either jiggled loose or fallen out and I can't find it. Now the sound comes out tinny and weak. I die a little inside every time I hear it.

Oh well...

Maybe it's time I started mixing on my MacBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment