Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gun Laws - AKA Um.... wut?

A few weeks ago, I was watching cops with a few buddies of mine. It was a pretty exciting episode where they raided an armed-and-dangerous drug dealer's house. They waited until he wasn't home, broke down the door, and went through his entire place. They found pounds of marijuana, a few pistols, and then an AK-47.

The cop casually picks up the AK, cocks it (or something, I don't know a lot about guns), ....de...uh...cocks it, then started to laugh. He turns to the camera, does his best action-hero stance, and says "Yup... there's not a doper in this city who doesn't have one of these!"

I found that hard to believe. How could every drug dealer in the city have something as outrageous as an AK47? I can see a pistol, sure, but an assault rifle? You've got to be kidding me - what a one-liner to say just to impress the TV audience.

I was OH so wrong.

Type in AK47 into google. The first website that comes up is wikipedia, giving a very thorough history of the gun and its creator. The very next website is Atlantic Firearms.

The first thing that caught my eye? SALE! SALE! SALE! AK 47! $379!



..... WHAT?

AK47, THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE DOLLARS? And it even has a bayonet slapped on under the barrel.

I couldn't believe it. I poked around the site a little further, and found Uzi's and Sniper Rifles all for sale too.

You give them a credit card, wait a few weeks, and they ship an AK47 to your nearest "authorized" gun shop where you pick it up.

Granted, it is semi-automatic; as in it can not keep firing if you hold the trigger down. But for lack of a better way to put it, it's still a fucking AK47.

No wonder "every doper in the city" has one.

Personally, I find this to be a little extreme.... Pistol for home defense? Sure. Shotgun to shoot skeet? Sure. Rifle to hunt? Sure.

AK47 to... to.... uh.... to...?

You've gotta be kidding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment