Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Best Way To Buy Wine

I have figured it out.

Forget winerys, forget vineyards, forget Wine Officianado Magazine.

I have found the secret.

The key... is finding a good price to logo ratio.

The lower the price, the better, but if the logo is stupid or lame, then the Wine will be lame guaranteed.

You have to have a balance between price, and how cool the logo looks.

Take my new favorite "cheap" wine: Toasted Head.

Yes.

Price? $12. A little steep, I know. 

But did you see that label? That's a bear. Spitting fire. I was sold after I heard there is a bear on the label, but the fire thing just seals the deal. Even the name sounds pretty cool. I feel like this is the working man's wine. Nothing fancy. Just a bear and its fire spewing roar. It's my current favorite.

A close second?

Lucky Duck.

Duck... Duck... Duck... Duck... G-Duck...

$5. Sometimes its on sale at Walmart for around three bucks. And the logo? That's a duck wearing a beanie, guys. The only thing that would make it better is if it was a bear breathing fire.

Give these two guys a shot next time you're in the budget booze section of a grocery store.

Or try it out yourself. I'm telling you, you can never go wrong with a strong price to label ratio.

Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment