Thursday, October 7, 2010

What Did That Dream Mean...

The other night I had this dream where I was just moving down a staircase. Except I was not walking.

Or even running.

And I don't think the staircase ended, I'm not sure - but if Inception taught me anything, you don't remember how you got there, or where you went.

How... did I get here...

Anyway, my preferred method of transportation in this dream was using my arms to support my body weight on the railings, and then in a ridiculous fit of acrobatics, pushing myself both up and down the railing. But it wasn't hard, it was really easy. 

What does that mean?

My aunt in Scotland is crazy. She's extremely into witchcraft, Celtic druidism (for a brief period) and even dabbled in Wicca. Straight up nuts. Cool as shit though. She loves doing this dream-reading stuff. 

I'm going to invoke her spirit for this.

I think that the dream represents me finally enjoying what I am doing in School, and ultimately life. The ease of the travel, both up and down the staircase symbolizes how I am finally free and able to move within my own life, represented by the staircase. 

Like this, except on stairs

I've been through a lot of shit lately, at least this past year. My dad died and my families finances were absolutely decimated by his last few months of intensive care (We was retired, we didn't have insurance, my parents retirement money was spent trying to keep him alive so he could sort out financial stuff, but the ailing economy prevented that, blah blah blah)

I am sad my Dad is gone, but I'm definitely not sad he died. He had ALS, and his final few weeks were not only painful for us, but tremendously hard on his pride (See my previous blog post). 

Anyway, enough of that depressing shit.

My Dad did not support advertising. He pushed and pushed for Cox, or even pre-law, and gave me little room to do what I wanted. Advertising has been a blessing. I am doing not only what I want to do, but what I love to do. Since I've been a kid, I've been coming up with ideas for commercials and billboards and posters for companies ranging from Apple and Eve Apple Juice, to Jack in the Box, to those goofy HMS commercials you see late at night on local channels. 
I think this guy is hilarious.

I want to work in Advertising. I want to be an Art Director. I want to own my own agency. I want to make commercials for the HMS guy that conveys the actual emotion of owning your own house for the first time, rather than the barrage of stilted dialogue and poor acting that plague his ads.

I guess that dream means a lot.

My aunt would be proud.


My aunt being proud of me.

And if she ever reads this, I got major brownie points for making her that attractive of a witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment