Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Creative License

I was doing some reading for my Introduction to Creativity midterm and came to the part where Gregory insisted I put the book down and draw something.

I listened to his advice:





I do not mean any offense by this, it is just the mood I was feeling. Its tough looking outside and seeing a beautiful sunny day and I'm stuck in the Sigma Chi
House library pouring over advertising and drinking Arizona Ice Tea.

(On a side note, how good is that stuff? Ninety Ninety cents for a huge can? Hell yeah.)

I have never been good at drawing. Or let me rephrase that with a more Danny Gregory friendly
phrase; I have never allowed myself to be good at drawing.

But to be honest, I've never enjoyed drawing very much. One thing I do love though is music, and it is my personal favorite output to be creative. It started a while ago, probably two years ago my freshman year when I met a friend of mine who actually got me into making my own music.

I hate showing people what I've made. I absolutely hate it because it is almost always met with excruciating judgement. I'll only even mention something new I have made to someone if I'm extremely close with
them. And even then I feel self-indulgent and pushy.

But you know what, Gregory said to invite the audience, and enjoy being creative for the sake of being creative.

None of this leaves the room:

Rem the Mad Scientist - A Demonic Encounter


The song is called "A Demonic Encounter."

It starts kind of weird, but it is a joke song, you gotta give it time.

I walk into my room, encounter a demon, then rap battle him in hell.

It's a good family ready rap song.

...
Lots of swearing though.



I made everything you hear, none of that is pre recording loops. I did all the drums and instruments using MixCraft 5 and a virtual keyboard.

I recorded it using a simple USB microphone in my room one day.

Hope this creative license pays off, or I'll have something to say to Mr. Gregory.

No comments:

Post a Comment