Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Little Thing That Drives Me Crazy...

Don't judge me for this.

I'm a 6'1", one hundred and eighty pound guy, that I feel like can handle himself in most situations...

But uh...

I uh...

...holy shit, I hate stickers.


I can't even look at this.

Stickers.

Bleghghghghghghhgh.

It's not a fear, or some kind of obscure phobia. I don't need to see a therapist (I don't think...) about it.

But ever since I was a small child, I've just hated them. I hate the way they look, I hate the way they feel, I hate how shiny they are... hell, I just hate 'em.

I think I can trace this hatred back to when I was a small boy in Aberdeen, Scotland. I was sleeping at my cousins house, and they had this tendency of putting stickers on everything - absolutely everything: the wall, the tv, even bowls and stuff like that.

But I didn't hate them then.

No... it was not until I had a bowl of Frosties and took a bite only to choke and gag on a disgusting soggy sticker 


Oh Tony the Tiger, how you betrayed me.

Ever since then, I've gone to great lengths to minimize my contact with stickers.

After getting a shot at the doctors, I would politely refuse the sticker they offered me.

After getting an A on a spelling test in primary school, I would ask the teacher to not include on of those goofy "Great Work!" stickers. 

My freshman year of college, my friends found out about this hatred...

... and then for april fools day COVERED my dorm in stickers. All over my pillow, bed, shower, books, cabinets, toothbrush, etc. EVERYTHING had a sticker on it.

Don't worry though, I got the ring leader back. She hated bananas, so I made it rain in Tom Thumb and hid about a dozen bananas around her room. 

Some people hate spiders, some people hate snakes, and some people hate rats.

Give me a paper towel, and I'll gladly move a spider outside.

I'll run and catch any wild snake.

I'll pick up and play with rats, hamsters, gerbils, etc.

Put me in a room where all of my possessions are covered in stickers though, and I am putty in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment